Friday 10 July 2015

PCI - done!

                                    

It was a very exciting day when we got to do our PCI - I can finally picture us living in this big beautiful house and I cannot wait! 

The PCI took us about 2 and 1/2 hours which was good.... didn't feel at all rushed and our site supervisor was great. I went through every room with my plans and checked  off  every light, power point and detail of each room. I made sure they were where they were meant to be and also that they were working and made a list. After we had checked everything we then went through the house with the site supervisor room to room and he marked each wall with tape if there were any paint chips, poor paintwork, unfinished window areas, dents etc. We also marked the chipped floor tiles that will be replaced. It was a tedious process but essential in making sure our home is just as we want it when we move in.
Our site supervisor Chris pointed out lots of little things that I wouldn't have even noticed so that too was very helpful. A number of complete walls will be repainted and there is lots and lots of touch up work to do in other places
There were only a few other things that need to be changed / replaced.
  1. incorrect power/ USB points - for some reason they had put a power point USB in the laundry that was meant to be a double power point. In the rumpus room they also put an incorrect power point/USB
  2. above our kitchen island there are three down lights and they have put two in that are warm white and one in that is cool white. We of course want them all the same and in cool white. 
  3. There is no toilet roll holder in the ensuite 
Aside from the paintwork and cleaning (which there is lots of) there should not be too much work for them to do.

We are so thrilled with how it is all coming together. My son was in charge of photography so the pics are not that detailed.

 

My son and I were thrilled with the size of the bath in our bathroom. I can see much relaxing to be done in here after the move and there is a perfect ledge for my wine glass!

The main bathroom isn't enormous but it has enough space. The feature tiles will run along the front of the bath when they are installed after handover.

The ensuite on the other hand is enormous ... this photo only shows half of it - behind the door is a bath the same as in the main bathroom. Mum and Dad will have plenty of space
This is the main toilet. It's a small room but thankfully comes with a built in exhaust as it has no window. 

The linen closet below is fitted out with wire racking...... it's pretty ordinary and I am not sure how much weight the shelves will hold but we decided to go with it and then change it later if need be. 

I didn't however even want to contemplate the wire racking for the pantry and changed the shelves to melamine. I dearly would have loved the thick shelves that they have in the display home but the cost meant a compromise so melamine it is. I am pretty happy with how they have turned out and I think they will work much better in our pantry. I am so happy with the size of it.



 This is my new utensils drawer...... beside the oven so I have everything I need at hands reach without having to sit them in a container on the bench. My Dad is impressed he will know where everything belongs
The carpet looks ok. I am glad we paid for the more expensive underlay. It feels quite nice underfoot and I think given that it is only in a few rooms, that it will be serviceable.

 Laundry
The floor tiles are freezing cold and I am very glad I have some slippers for when we move in. After spending two hours with just socks on my feet  when we did the walk through, my feet were numb! The tiling looks great and I think it ties in nicely with the wall colour.

Dining room - Mum and I just love the big fixed windows
 You can see in the picture below the little pieces of masking tape stuck all over the place for touching up or changes.
 The kitchen is by far my favourite room in the house. I just love it and it has turned out exactly as I want it to,

It's getting real now. I have booked our opticom connection appointment, internet is organised, removalists, fridge and furniture delivery, friends to help out and I have found out the best place to order pizza from so that the night of the moving we can thank our friends with a pizza party in the new home.

Our landscapers are due to start the Monday after we move in so lets hope Sydney gets rid of her crappy weather this weekend. Move in date booked 24th July 2015! Eden Brae said a 26 week build and this will be 23.5 weeks so we are thrilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment