Saturday 4 July 2015

Counting down .... so much happening and PCI and handover dates are booked!




 So much has happened at the house in the last couple of weeks and I love it!

The kitchen has had the splash back put in and the rangehood went in a few days later. I love love love the splash back.... it is exactly what I wanted and worth every cent. I'm still disappointed I didn't get the thicker stone bench top but I can't change it now and hope that in time it doesn't even cross my mind.



 



Main Flooring - Our tiles in the bulk of the house have been completed and I am really happy with how they have turned out. I wanted a really neutral colour pattern throughout the house because over time I know we will get new furniture and I just wanted to be sure it would be effected by the house colours. Our tiles were from the standard selection.

 Exterior - The driveway has been formed up ready for laying. The downpipes have been painted and the moroka finish at the front has been done. Our moroka is surfmist to match our windows, garage door and front door





Screens -The supascreens have been installed on the two sets of alfresco doors, the standard screen to the laundry, fly screens to all the windows and  the supascreen to our front door. I am so glad I paid the extra $4000 for supascreen in the public areas. My mum and I argued over this because she didn't think it mattered but imagine if the beautiful alfresco stacker doors looked like the laundry door!!!!

We are in a BAL 19 rating area so not having a screen door on the front was not an option. I am glad I went with the standard option for the front wooden door as you really cannot see it now behind the screen. Flyscreens to all windows and doors is compulsory to meet our rating and I am glad it is not a cost we have to add on later.


 Alfresco
 laundry
 flyscreens
 main entry

Its looking very close to completion now. The cleaners have been in and cleaned the house. Carpet , garage door and driveway should be completed this week.

PCI- We have booked in for our PCI on July 10th and our handover date of July 24th. We are very excited and cannot believe it is finally going to be time to move in.
On the PCI daye we do a full inspection with our site supervisor and check any little bits and pieces that need to be fixed or altered prior to handover. I will be taking my plans with me that day and will make sure I have all the power points, down lights, additions or extras we asked for checked off my list. I'm sure my site supervisor will think I am a bit pedantic but I don't want to be chasing things up if it can be avoided.

Handover Day- we will have our handover on July 24th and on this day we have to do a site inspection and then head over to Eden Brae head office for final payment and to collect our keys. We are hoping to also have our appliances, water heater and air conditioning done that day also as we don't want to wait until the Monday. I have arranged to have my brother stay for the day at the house after the site inspection so that this can happen. It is not uncommon in new houses for these items to be stolen the night prior to handover so Eden Brae don't install them until the house is in our safe ownership.

Moving - there is so much to organise with the move. We live in an opticom estate so we have to get opticom to connect us to the fibre  ($300) which will give us free to air television and then we have to contact an internet providor to link us to the fibre network for internet and phones. We are quite limited in our network choices which is a shame. I have arranged for this to happen as soon as possible after handover because having a teenager in the house who has no internet would be pure torture for us all.



No comments:

Post a Comment