Wednesday 17 June 2015

Fixtures and Paintwork


Good to see some more progress this week with the completion of the interior painting and the fixtures starting to go in.  It was good to chat with our site supervisor to find out when we are likely to be in, what to expect next and to see how it is all coming together. At this stage we are expecting a completion date of July 24 and a PCI on July 10th.
The door handles have gone in and I like how they look. They are standard throughout the house and are just a neutral feature.
 We have also seen the installation of the towel rails in the bathroom ( no idea why I changed the main bathroom one to a double and not the ensuite- whoops !) The soap dishes look ok and I haven't had hand towel rails put in because there wasn't an obvious space for them to go looking at plans so I decided I would add them in later as will I with the over head vanity cupboards.

.



The paintwork looks fabulous and I am so so happy with the colours. The door frames, skirting and doors are a wonderful gloss white and the Taubmans Endure Winter Ice looks fabulous. The photos below were taken at the same time of day but the colour difference with the light is very different. I also took a family photo up against it and in the photo it looks crisp white with the natural outdoor light. I love that there is an obvious colour difference between the ceiling and the walls and given that we have white floor tiles that have a hint of a grey marble look in them I think it will tie in beautifully. Mum also really likes it which is great because she hates grey.
I am also very happy with the bulkhead above the kitchen cupboards.It just looks so much more finished and I won't have to worry about cleaning the tops of the cupboards. When the glass splash back and appliances go in I think it will be just perfect!
 





The next step is electrical work being completed, garage door, moroka to complete the front facade and then floor tiling I believe. We will be in the house in 5 weeks and I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment